Monday, July 19, 2010

To be the one

After a while
I am beginning to move on from high school
he cares about someone else
he likes someone else
and wont like me
i listen to him
i listen to him talk about her
and i can't listen anymore
about how wonderful her hugs are
about how she's talking to him again
about how he can't move on
so i rid myself of him
i stop myself from thinking
i delete messages
i empty beliefs
i clean my mind


My Best Friend

Is beautiful
is kind

is understanding
loves me for me
never expects me to do anything
never judges my decisions
just waits until i learn from my mistakes
and it there
always
to pick up the broken pieces
to wipe away the tears
to fix me from heartbreak
and to heal my wounds

she's like a packet of bandaids
waiting on the shelf for me to break
for me to fall
but will be there as soon as i need her

i just wish i was a better friend to her
cos she deserves me to be

i'm working on it
i'm going to places when she asks

i heard her sing on the weekend
amazing
i nearly cried
she sang with such a pure voice
with such love
such devotion

i was in her church
surrounded by her friends, the congregation
and i'm not religious
but her voice nearly made me
i want to go back
just to hear her sing again

she completes me as a person
she makes me stronger
i know where to go
i have someone there for me
when all men leave
when all family fight
when i feel there is nothing left to live for
she shows me the way.

and for that i am forever grateful


1 comment:

  1. awwww.....i would love u to come again! XD
    seriously!!!! come visit again!
    heh guess who? ^^

    thx for the encouragements! aww it made me tear =P

    ReplyDelete